Why Better Bottles?
water without waste.
We have been developing our plant-based cap as currently, only plastic options are available to us. The way we see it, if we are using plastic, it should be made from renewable material and hold the ability to disappear after its useful life or be repurposed into another useful item.
100% pure New Zealand Spring Water.
- Bottle and label made from naturally occurring vegetable starch that is turned into polylactic acid
- 78% lesser carbon footprint in production compared to traditional plastic bottles
- Reusable, not single-use
- Lids are currently recyclable, our new compostable lid is in development and will be available soon
- Bottles and labels are made from certified materials
- Commercially compostable at the end of their useful life. See the results of our compost test run by a 3rd party sustainability consultancy here
Better bottles are made to be reused and we encourage you to refill them as many times as you can. This is the best form of 'recycling' you can do.
You can find 200 free refill locations throughout New Zealand on our refill map, so you can avoid reaching for a new single-use drink bottle when you're out and about.
1. Drop into a Better Collection Crate
3. Hand over the counter to a staff member
Collected bottles are then either repurposed by us (before ultimately being composted) or composted right away in one of our own composting facilities.