Why Better Bottles?
Designing for minimal footprint and renewable resources.
We believe that where ever possible, oil and finite resources should be left in the ground. We should use renewable resources and keep materials in use as long as possible.
Our cap is currently plastic, as this is the only option are available to us at this time. As soon as we can, we will make the switch to a renewable option.
100% pure New Zealand Spring Water.
- Bottle and label made from naturally occurring vegetable starch that is turned into polylactic acid
- This has a 78% lesser carbon footprint in production compared to traditional plastic made for bottles
- Reusable, not single-use
- Lids are currently recyclable
- Bottles and labels are made from certified materials
- Commercially compostable at the end of their useful life. See the results of our compost test run by a 3rd party sustainability consultancy here
Better bottles are made to be reused and we encourage you to refill them as many times as you can. This is the best form of 'recycling' you can do.
You can find many free refill locations throughout New Zealand (check out Refill NZ) so you can avoid reaching for a new single-use drink bottle when you're out and about.
1. Drop into a Better Collection Crate
3. Hand over the counter to a staff member at participating locations
4. If you get stuck, reach out to us and we will find a way to collect the bottle from you and get it to the right place
Collected bottles are then either recirculated into another format (such as 3d printer filament) or composted right away in one of our own composting facilities.